Denel Vehicle Systems, a subsidiary of Denel (SOC) Ltd, has 3 divisions, namely, OMC, Gear Ratio and Mechatronics. OMC is primarily a manufacturer of armoured vehicles but it also provides maintenance, upgrades and retrofits of military vehicles. Gear Ratio manufactures components for transmissions and drivelines. Mechatronics designs and manufactures weapons systems, surveillance equipment, as well as sighting and fire control systems.
It developed close relationships with the SA National Defence Force (SANDF), the SA Army, the SA Police Service (SAPS), Armscor, the UN and a number of national and international customers, suppliers and collaborators.
The company is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of a wide range of highly effective armoured vehicles such as:
- Main Battle Tank like the Olifant.
- Heavy Wheeled Armoured Vehicles (such as the Rooikat Armoured Car and the weapon platform for the G-6 SP Howitzer).
- Light Armoured Vehicles (RG-32M Mine-hardened Patrol Vehicle).
- Mine-protected Vehicles (such as Mamba, RG21, RG-31, RG35, RG41).
- Police and Security Vehicles (such as RG-12 Nyala).